Geoportti – The Hub for for Finnish Geospatial Research and Education Resources
Geoportti Research Infrastructure (RI) is a shared service for researchers, teachers and students using geospatial data and geocomputing tools.
Core services of Geoportti RI are:
- Geodata and metadata services, including e.g. download and API services, Analysis Ready Data (ARD), and GeoCubes Finland raster data platform
- Geodata and source code storing and sharing services, including e.g. Geoportti SHARE GitHub, CSC Allas object storage
- Emerging technology lab services, including UEF Drone Lab
- High-Performance Geoprocessing and -analytics services, including e.g. geotools and geodata at HPC Puhti
- Virtualisation services, including CSC’s cPouta and ePouta cloud services and geotool containers
- Skills development services, including geoinformatics education and training resources and sharing
- Dissemination services, including e.g. Geoportti.fi Hub
Geoportti RI helps the researchers in Finland to use, to refine, to preserve and to share their geospatial resources.
Geoportti consortium members are:
oGIIR – Open Geospatial Information Infrastructure for Research
oGIIR research infrastructure receives currently funds for its development from the Academy of Finland for funding period 2016-2019. oGIIR is included on the Roadmap for Research Infrastructures 2014-2020 with the status potential infrastructure.
oGIIR consortium members are: